Tuesday, March 20, 2012

[Transfer SQL Server Objects Task] Error: Table "XXXXXXX" does not exist at the source

Does anyone know what could be causing the error on Transfer SQL Server Objects Task? I tried to develope a SSIS project in the Business Intelligence studio to transfer table between databases on the same server. However, I have been getting the following error:

[Transfer SQL Server Objects Task] Error: Table "XXXXXX" does not exist at the source.

Is there a setting that I need to change to make this work? Thank you for your help.

Is the table you've specified to move on the task in the source database?|||

Yes. It is in there. I can see it in the selection list after I select the database. Thanks.

And Transfer SQL Server Objecdts Task is the only task in that SSIS package.

|||I think your problem is related to the schema of the table you are trying to copy.

I created table "testtable" in testdb1. The schema was "dbo". I could transfer this table to another database named testdb2 in the same server using Transfer SQL Server Objects Task.

Then, I changed the schema of "testtable" to "guest". When I executed the same task, I got the error message "[Transfer SQL Server Objects Task] Error: Table "testtable" does not exist at the source. "|||

Thanks for your response. Where di you create the "Transfer SQL Server Objects Task"? Is it under control flow or data flow? When I had the error to only task I had was the "Transfer SQL SErver Obejcts Task" under Control Flow.

Thanks.

|||Transfer SQL Server Objects is a Control Flow task. I had my task in the control flow tab and the task I have explained above was the only task I had in the package.|||I had the exact issue when I transfer the data (both table and xml schema) from my dev. box to the production server. It seemed to me that this particular control task recognizes only the dbo schema. Is this bug fixed in SP1?|||No. We are looking to fix this issue in one of the future releases.|||I am trying to figure out exactly what the issue is here -- can we not copy tables from one database to another at all at this time? I had both tables as dbo schemas, and I had a different error, this time about the destination not being available. I set the schema owner of the tables to be the same as the authenticated user, and then I received the error that it does not exist at the source.

At this time (10/2006), is there any way to copy tables from one server to another via SSIS? I would think this basic of a task would be the first to work on a newer DTS... ?

Thanks in advance

-Chris Rasmussen
|||

I am hoping someone will answer the last question. I cannot beleive you would release a product with such a simple task not working. As a workaround, I suppose I can create an SMO task to handle this, but that is more development time than I had expected to use. Please fix this with your NEXT release, not an undetermined FUTURE release. This type of missing functionality is hard to point at and convince anyone in the position of making decisions to migrate to 2005. Come on guys and gals.

Your frustrated supporter...

|||

Hi Cliff!

I'd like to share my frustration with Transfer SQL Server Object Task. I am trying to do something very simple - transfer 3 tables with primary/foreign keys, referential ingegrity and some data and spent hours of fruitless tweaking of the task. If someone offers a very simple step by step process on how to configure the "Transfer SQL Server Object task" to do that, I would be very grateful.

|||Are you planning on fixing this in SP2?|||Hi

I'd like to add my vote for this feature request. Can someone from the dev team tell if the decision of fixing this has already been taken somehow ?

Any insight will be most welcome, and will help us pick the right solution.

Thibaut Barrère

|||

Hi,

I am also having problems with the "Transfer SQL Server Objects" task. It simply does not work.

The editor interface is sweet, however, and looks very promising. My issue is that I cannot debug this task. I cannot see the code that is generated by the task, and logging does not reveal what I want: the SQL code or whatever code is generated by the task. I want to see the actual table name syntax contained in the resultant command sent over, with the assumption that there is something wrong there.

The documentation is very clear, promising effective results. The reality is different, however. This is simply a management issue. The product was released too early, and the testing regimen must have been inadequate or mismatched with the document.

I have the Evaluation Version of Enterprise. The SMO connectors all test properly, and there is no other problem. The wizard works fine from SSMS, and when I save the output from the wizard to a package, the package does not use the "Transfer SQL Server Objects" task.

So, guys, what we have here is a defect.

This is very annoying, and I will write a letter to Bill Gates requesting immediate attention to this issue.

|||The fix is not released yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment