Thursday, March 22, 2012

_WA_ indexes in sysindexes

Hi
I was writing script to defrag my indexes on a regular basis.
I was checking the sysindexes table and found
_WA_ indexes and I do no see a corresponding object for the sysobjects
WHat are these indexes?
Mangesh
These are statistics rather than indexes. You can exclude statistics and
hyhothetical indexes (created by the Index Tuning Wizard) rows in sysindexes
using INDEXPROPERTY:
SELECT OBJECT_NAME(id), name
FROM sysindexes
WHERE
INDEXPROPERTY(id, name, 'IsStatistics') = 0 AND
INDEXPROPERTY(id, name, 'IsHypothetical') = 0
Hope this helps.
Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP
"Mangesh Deshpande" <MangeshDeshpande@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0C87800A-4467-4AD0-BCCD-DD822FFF0649@.microsoft.com...
> Hi
> I was writing script to defrag my indexes on a regular basis.
> I was checking the sysindexes table and found
> _WA_ indexes and I do no see a corresponding object for the sysobjects
> WHat are these indexes?
> Mangesh

No comments:

Post a Comment