Tuesday, March 20, 2012

[Venting]

So I have this box with SQL Server 2000, Evaluation edition of SQL 2005
which has top be installed as a named instance because of the way that 2K &
2K5 co-exist on the same box, and then there are a couple silly apps I have
that install MSDE as other named instances.
and the STUPI .NET DATA CONNECTION DIALOG doesn't have a field geared toward
named instances.
@.#$%^&
I will now crawl back under my rock.
Peace & happy computing,
Mike Labosh, MCSD MCT
Owner, vbSensei.Com
"Escriba coda ergo sum." -- vbSenseiCan you edit the connection string in web.config or the source code?
"Mike Labosh" <mlabosh_at_vbsensei_dot_com> wrote in message
news:uwZSfc5PGHA.4900@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> So I have this box with SQL Server 2000, Evaluation edition of SQL 2005
> which has top be installed as a named instance because of the way that 2K
> &
> 2K5 co-exist on the same box, and then there are a couple silly apps I
> have
> that install MSDE as other named instances.
> and the STUPI .NET DATA CONNECTION DIALOG doesn't have a field geared
> toward
> named instances.
> @.#$%^&
> I will now crawl back under my rock.
>
> --
> Peace & happy computing,
> Mike Labosh, MCSD MCT
> Owner, vbSensei.Com
> "Escriba coda ergo sum." -- vbSensei
>|||> Can you edit the connection string in web.config or the source code?
2K
Of course I can. It just angers me that the silly little foolish dialog
doesn't let me say so.
Peace & happy computing,
Mike Labosh, MCSD MCT
Owner, vbSensei.Com
"Escriba coda ergo sum." -- vbSensei

No comments:

Post a Comment