Sunday, February 19, 2012

[DBNETLIB]ConnectionWrite (send()) error

I've searched trying to find help for "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionWrite (send())", but couldn't find any solutions
(and precious few leads). I think I've figured out the problem, and wanted
to post it in case anyone else was looking also.
My enabled protocols in the SQL Server Client Network Utility, Named Pipes
and TCP/IP, were set to where TCP/IP was first in the list. I changed it to
where Named Pipes was at the top of the list, and my query (from my
workstation to the server) now runs instead of getting the error message
shown above.
Does anyone have anything else to add to this that might further clairfy the
issue?
Thanks,
Mike
TCP protocol is failing to connect...is the SQL Server listening on that
protocol? Look in the current SQL Server ERRORLOG for a line similar to:
SQL Server listening on TCP, shared memory, named pipes
Kevin Hill
3NF Consulting
http://www.3nf-inc.com/NewsGroups.htm
Real-world stuff I run across with SQL Server:
http://kevin3nf.blogspot.com
"mikron2" <mikron2@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BDB8E5F9-D615-41BE-B07A-4F71F4AD053F@.microsoft.com...
> I've searched trying to find help for "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
> Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionWrite (send())", but couldn't find any
> solutions
> (and precious few leads). I think I've figured out the problem, and
> wanted
> to post it in case anyone else was looking also.
> My enabled protocols in the SQL Server Client Network Utility, Named Pipes
> and TCP/IP, were set to where TCP/IP was first in the list. I changed it
> to
> where Named Pipes was at the top of the list, and my query (from my
> workstation to the server) now runs instead of getting the error message
> shown above.
> Does anyone have anything else to add to this that might further clairfy
> the
> issue?
> Thanks,
> Mike
|||Two lines:
SQL server listening on n.n.n.n: 14yy.
SQL server listening on x.x.x.x: 14yy.
Replaced the actual numbers with n's, x's and y's, of course.
Mike
|||Sorry, I missed a line:
SQL server listening on TCP, Shared Memory, Named Pipes.
It's after the other two lines I mentioned earlier.
Mike
|||At least we know that its trying to listen
From your client machine, assuming you have Query Analyzer, try to make a
new connection. In the servername box, instead of SERVERNAME use
tcp:SERVERNAME, 1433
if that fails, try:
tcp:x.x.x.x, 14yy (replace x with your external ip, and 14yy with the
correct port)
Kevin Hill
3NF Consulting
http://www.3nf-inc.com/NewsGroups.htm
Real-world stuff I run across with SQL Server:
http://kevin3nf.blogspot.com
"mikron2" <mikron2@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9D5AC8FF-7CF9-4BC0-9B12-13206F8CE225@.microsoft.com...
> Sorry, I missed a line:
> SQL server listening on TCP, Shared Memory, Named Pipes.
> It's after the other two lines I mentioned earlier.
> Mike
>

No comments:

Post a Comment