Sunday, February 19, 2012

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (WrapperWrite()).] General Network error. Check

Dear All,
I am getting this error frequently and some times sql server is getting
stopped automatically.
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (WrapperWrite()).] General Network error. Check
you network documentation.
Can any one help me out to get rid of this.
OS : Windows 2000 professional
SQL Server version is 2000
Thanks and Regards,
PeriHi Peri,
Here are some things I would do if I were in your shoes:
1) Check the Event Log for Network problems... Specif with the Network Card
2) If the SQL Server is in another subnet, check the router for errors
3) Check HOW you are connecting, use TCPIP if you can
4) Ping your machine so it pings over and over (see /flags help).. See if
you ever get dropped
5) Check for issues with the CLIENT machine to
That's all I can think of right now.. Good luck!
Erik
"Peri" <lperi@.CSPL.com> wrote in message
news:emmKD1CaFHA.3132@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Dear All,
> I am getting this error frequently and some times sql server is getting
> stopped automatically.
> [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (WrapperWrite()).] General Network error. Check
> you network documentation.
> Can any one help me out to get rid of this.
> OS : Windows 2000 professional
> SQL Server version is 2000
> Thanks and Regards,
> Peri
>|||I ran across this problem on my XP machine that went away when I re-loaded t
he machine and did NOT install Service Pack 2 of Windows. I still haven't f
igured out how to fix it yet. Maybe this information will lead you in the r
ight direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment