Sunday, February 19, 2012

[EXTREMELY URGENT] sp_attach_db error

I am attaching a database with 3 data files.
When I execute "exe sp_attache_db..." I obtain this error:
database 'POINT' cannot be opened because some of the files could not be
activated.
I have deleted its LDF file.
Usually I detach my db, then I delete transaction log, and reattach 3 data
files...
Now it doesn'work!!!!!!!!!!
Someone can help me?
Thanks."George" <giorgio.benedettiNOSPAM@.libero.it> wrote in message
news:bovm8o$8o0$1@.newsreader.mailgate.org...
> I am attaching a database with 3 data files.
> When I execute "exe sp_attache_db..." I obtain this error:
> database 'POINT' cannot be opened because some of the files could not be
> activated.
> I have deleted its LDF file.
> Usually I detach my db, then I delete transaction log, and reattach 3 data
> files...
> Now it doesn'work!!!!!!!!!!

First, it should be noted in case you're not aware that deleting the LDF
file is a VERY bad idea. It should only be done in the most rare of cases.

I"m actually surprised that sp_attach_db has worked at all w/o the log file.

However, you can try sp_attach_singlefile_db, but I doubt it will work.

You'll probably have to call Microsoft on this.

> Someone can help me?
> Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment