Friday, February 24, 2012

[HELP] The right version

Hi Everyone !
I need an advice :
i have a Intel Xeon 2,8 Ghz with 4 Gb RAM.
I would like to install the 64-bit version of SQL Server 2000.
Which Windows server do i need ?
Windows 2000 Advanced server is enough ?
or Windows 2003 server ?
I'm confused because the only 64-bit Windows 2003 server available is the
one optimized for Itanium processors... thank you
You have a 32-bit machine. You can only install 32-bit operating systems
and applications on the machine you described.
Geoff N. Hiten
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Senior Database Administrator
Careerbuilder.com
I support the Professional Association for SQL Server
www.sqlpass.org
"Danny" <dannyniceOnlyWithWhoWillRespectMe@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:2h1lefF84oo0U1@.uni-berlin.de...
> Hi Everyone !
> I need an advice :
> i have a Intel Xeon 2,8 Ghz with 4 Gb RAM.
> I would like to install the 64-bit version of SQL Server 2000.
> Which Windows server do i need ?
> Windows 2000 Advanced server is enough ?
> or Windows 2003 server ?
> I'm confused because the only 64-bit Windows 2003 server available is the
> one optimized for Itanium processors... thank you
>
>
|||> i have a Intel Xeon 2,8 Ghz with 4 Gb RAM.
> I would like to install the 64-bit version of SQL Server 2000.
Why? You need 64-bit hardware (e.g. Itanium processors!) to run 64-bit
software (!).
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP
http://www.aspfaq.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment