Saturday, February 25, 2012

[Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] Timeout expired

Hi, Everyone,

I have a SQL 2000 cluster with sp4. I used SQL QUERY Analyzer to running DBCC CHECKDB for 2 of user’s databases (one is 110 GB and other 5 GB) and get the following message: [Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] Timeout expired.I am running same DBCC CHECKDB against system databases or other small users’ databases are fine.

I can get resulted back from T-SQL (DBCC CHECKDB) against these 2 user databases and I checked sp_configure with other server, I can not find the difference.

Can someone help me out?

KT

Are you executing CHECKDB against 2 of those databases at the same time?

Also check event viewer and SQL error logs for any sort of slow performance with any of the hardware or components on this server.

Have you tried scheduling the same using a SQLagent job?

Have you applied or tested the sp4 hotfix?

|||

I ran dbcc checkdb agaist each database at each time. There has no information logon at even view and SQL log when I got time out message.

I haven't schedule this dbcc checkdb at SQL agent job yet.

I only applied hot fix -KB903086 and brought SQL server level to v8.00 2140.

|||ODBC Sql server drive Timeout expires error message getting when I connect to sql200 server data base with query analyzer

No comments:

Post a Comment