Friday, February 24, 2012

[File System Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Access to th

Hi -

I have an File System Task that copies a file from one directory ot another. When I hard code the target directory (c:\dir\file.txt) it works fine. When I change it to a virtual directory (\\server\dir\file.txt) I get a security error:

[File System Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Access to the path '\\grace\hbtest\to\S2TMM_Live_Title_000002.xml' is denied.".

Where do I change the security settings?

Thanks - Grace

Security to network shares is dependent on the user who is running the package. If you are running it yourself, make sure you have permissions to the share. If you are running it from SQL Agent, you might need to use a proxy account (search for SQL Agent Proxy in Books Online) to access it.

No comments:

Post a Comment