Friday, February 24, 2012

[help] SSIS File Configuration (XML)

We are deploying our SSIS packages into different folders. For example:
\Test1
\test2
\production

Test1 points to the Test1 database, etc.

So, I configured my SSIS package to use a database connection called dbMAIN.

I then setup the SSIS File Configuration (XML) so that "dbMain" points to Test1. This xml file, called Global.dtsConfig, sits in C:\test1\, the same place as my ssis.dtsx file.

I want to copy my dtsx file and my dtsconfig file into \test2 and \production. The problem is that the the location of dtsconfig is HARDCODED in the ssis package!

How do I dynamically change it?

I tried to hardcode the location to ".\Global.dtsconfig", but that did not work! Please advise!I found the solution. When you call an executable, you can use the /ConfigFile option. Example:

dtexec.exe /file "d:\myFile.dtsx" /configfile "d:\test1\Test1.dtsconfig"

When myfile.dtsx is run, it will use the test1.dtsconfig file to get all of its configurations.

Hooah!

~Le

No comments:

Post a Comment