Friday, February 24, 2012

[help] installation problems with sql server express 2005

hello everybody
I've downloaded a free version of ms sql server express 2005
and while I lauch the install file, I Have a bug :
Something like :
"you don't have write and read permission" - conctact administator
but i'm logged on a administator session

if anyone can help me ..
thnx in advance ..
hzben

Hi,

Ensure you have Read & Write permission on the folder/drive you are trying to install SQL Server , i.e. Program Files folder!!! www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Understanding-Windows-NTFS-Permissions.html FYI.

Hemantgiri S. Goswami

|||thank you for this reply
Do i can export a sql 2000 database to sql 2005 express only with a .sql file or do i need the .mdf and .ldf files of my old database ?
I need to export only the structure (tables ,columns and triggers) of my database to sql express 2005 .
have a nice day !!
hzben|||

Hi hzben,

you can export the structure of your database with your .sql file (Script of Database Objects) and for that you don't need .mdf/.ldf files. But in case you wants to attach your database to sql server you require .mdf and .ldf.

HTH

Hemantgiri S. Goswami

No comments:

Post a Comment