Saturday, February 25, 2012

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] error

Hi All,
A strange thing has been happening for a month or so when I retrive data via
QA. Sometimes the queries fail to run and I receive the following error
messages.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Protocol error in TDS stream
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]TDS buffer length too large
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Unknown token received from SQL S
erver
Re-reunning the query does not help only if I re-connect to the server. I
have checked Books Online and the only info is the following.
'The TDS stream from the server is invalid. This error is typically caused
by a problem on the server. Check the SQL Server error log.'
To tell you the truth I have not found anything suspicious.
Could you help me with it? Any help is welcome.
Thanks.
KolosMake you have applied the latest service packs. You also
need to apply the service packs on the client where you run
Query Analyzer.
-Sue
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 01:52:09 -0800, Kolos
<Kolos@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>A strange thing has been happening for a month or so when I retrive data vi
a
>QA. Sometimes the queries fail to run and I receive the following error
>messages.
>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Protocol error in TDS stream
>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]TDS buffer length too large
>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Unknown token received from SQL
Server
>Re-reunning the query does not help only if I re-connect to the server. I
>have checked Books Online and the only info is the following.
>'The TDS stream from the server is invalid. This error is typically caused
>by a problem on the server. Check the SQL Server error log.'
>To tell you the truth I have not found anything suspicious.
>Could you help me with it? Any help is welcome.
>Thanks.
>Kolos

No comments:

Post a Comment