Sunday, February 19, 2012

[DTS Transformation]

Hello I trying to do some transformation using javascript. I have a table with 40 columns that I need dynamicaly mapped to another table. For example I need to test each Column of tableA if Col1 of TableA looks like an email address map it to TableB email if it looks like a zip map it to Email...

I need to do this with Javascript

if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great

lets say I start small test each col in TableA for an @. sign if I find it map to Email if I can get the idea of how to do that I can do this

thanksok I pretty much got it to work by adding JScript to the ActiveX Transformation Properties. By using pattern matching I was able to get the the data to insert into the correct fields. However one of the problems I am having is when I come across a field with a NULL value. Is there a way to test for NULL. I tried if(v != NULL) but the JScript in the DTS does not seam to know what NULL means?

Thanks for the help

No comments:

Post a Comment