Sunday, February 19, 2012

[F4] properties dialog does not follow convention of defaultvalue <> bold, changedvalue=bo

Just thought I'd point it out as something that needs fixing. This is inconsistent with every other MS product using the VS.net IDE framework.

I'd post it on Connect but then I'd wait 2 months to get "won't fix - this does not 'fit' with the current Katmai schedule" i.e. if I'm lucky (based on the new improved 3yr delivery of sql) it might get delivered in 2011. Wow.

Imagine if Xbox or PS3 designers told their customers, "sorry we know that up/down/left/right are in fact right/left/down/up, as you may expect on a game controller, but if you wait 3 years we might fix it"

I'm tired of your attitude regarding Connect. That is the means we have in place right now. Submit the Connect bug and move on. At least then it is flagged.|||
Adolf,

I would suggest to open a a report in connect and to place the link in this thread; that way others can add their vote if they want. I agree on something, requests at connect sometimes do not get the attention we would want, but you always have the opportunity of replying back.|||

Rafael Salas wrote:


Adolf,

I would suggest to open a a report in connect and to place the link in this thread; that way others can add their vote if they want. I agree on something, requests at connect sometimes do not get the attention we would want, but you always have the opportunity of replying back.

And at least there is an official record of the bug. That is the most important part.

No comments:

Post a Comment