Friday, February 24, 2012

[HELP] How can I start an Analysis Services service


Hi all,

at Surface Area Configuration in my SQL Server 2005 I noticed that I have Database Engine, Reporting Services and SQL Server Browser services. I want to deploy a cube modelled at SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio and I'm getting connection errors.

I checked at Management Studio that I don't have an instance of Analysis Services. Only Database Engine and Reporting Services.

How can I create an instance of Analysis Services.

Does anyone could help me please?

Thanks a lot.

Another way to verify if you have Analysis Services installed or not, is to look in Services for "SQL Server Analysis Services". To install it, re-run the Setup and there is an option for Analysis Services.

Adrian Dumitrascu

No comments:

Post a Comment