Saturday, February 25, 2012

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name on Linked Server

Hi Folks,
I'm having a strange situation here between 2 Linked MS SQL 2K servers.
One of the servers died recently and I rebuilt it.
All seems to be working fine, except that when I create views that access tables on the other (linked) server, I can not modify any data, because I get the [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name server.database.dbo.TableName error.
The View does work fine otherwise, ie displays the data in it, I just can't modify.
The Linked Servers are done with the sa user between these 2 servers.

Any ideas what could be causing this error?
Thanks!-- bump --
no one ideas on this?|||I'm also having problems with this - mine is in relation to a labeler printer, it is present in my ODBC and the test is successful. However, when I go to print I get the following error: [microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL SERVER] Invalid object name 'table name' ODBC -- call failed

I can't seem to see what the problem is as my project server works from this client.

No comments:

Post a Comment