Saturday, February 25, 2012

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] Timeout Expired

Hello,
I installed MS SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition on
Windows XP Pro. I have database on the same PC. When I
am running a query(view) from Query Analyser I
get "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] Timeout Expired"
error message . When I am running the same view on
smaller amount of data it works.

:confused:

Could you please help me with that?
Thanks
DJCheck out this page.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;313661|||The link in the previous post is for a connection timeout using SQL Server 7. It does not apply to running a query on SQL Server 2000.|||SQL Server 2000's default timeout period it 600 seconds (10 minutes). If you change it to zero (0), that's infinite. How long is it taking to timeout?

If you run a long query through the Enterprise Manager, it will timeout after 30 seconds. MS's answer to this is to use the Query Analyzer (which should not timeout). I've run a 14-hour query through SQL Query Analyzer before.

No comments:

Post a Comment