Thursday, February 16, 2012

[8-|] Can I put a Table inside another Table?

GeekedCan I put a Table inside another Table?

Is it possible? I know I can put a subtable inside a table but Can I put a Table inside another table? It would be nice to do it without having to create a subreport.

Hi,

There is another side for the flip. why don't you consider using Views, XML or custome data types to store your own custom info inside SQL table.

Regards

|||

Could you elaborate on that a bit more, I dont quite understand what you mean.

|||

What I meant is the following, instead of thinking to put one table inside the other which is not available in this format right now, you can think of other alternatives. For example to get information from different tables you can create a view from these tables and query the view directly without creating many inner joins in each query.

The same thing applies for storing multiple attributes in a table, for example to store the user address, you can use XML data type instead of creating multiple fields for address like post code, house number ..etc.

Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment